Yeah, yeah, I know it’s FIVE for Friday. But those 2 dunks? Shit. They worth five in my book.
Every year here at TheMixtapeMonster.com, I do a mock draft. People hate on me, disagree with me, and worship me over it. It’s pretty fun. Admittedly, I’m rarely right, but I use my mock draft as more of an “If I Was GM, I would take…” than a “Team A will probably take” (which is what you get from Chad Ford and the boys at ESPN, etc). I think it’s cooler that way.
Also keep in mind the draft is Thursday night, and over 48 hours away, so trades, etc could change the order and thus change my thoughts. But as things stand right now, if I got to play GM for each time, this is how I’d roll…(hit the jump!)
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged 2010 Draft, Al-Farouq Aminu, Avery Bradley, Butler, cole aldrich, Demarcus Cousins, Derrick Favors, Detroit Pistons, Draft, Ed Davis, Evan Turner, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Golden State Warriors, Gordon Hayward, Greg Monroe, Houston Rockets, Indiana Pacers, James Anderson, John Wall, Kansas, Kentucky, Los Angeles Clippers, Luke Babbitt, Memphis Grizzlies, Minnesota Timberwolves, Mock Draft, NBA Draft, Nevada, New Jersey Nets, New Orleans Hornets, North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Patrick Patterson, Philadelphia Sixers, Sacramento Kings, Syracuse, Texas, Toronto Raptors, Utah Jazz, Wake Forest, Washington Wizards, Wesley Johnson, Wisconsin, Xavier Henry
Great song. Horrible routine. CLOWNS.
Well March Madness is here, and the brackets are now out. I’ll be guest blogging via The Good Look Newsletter for those of you who subscribe to that on some of my picks (if you aren’t a subscriber, go peep http://www.thegoodlook.net and check it out). Many a people have been asking me on my first impressions of the bracket. I have NOT filled out my bracket yet, so take these observations with the grain of salt which they are given.
For those of you who follow The Mixtape Monster Blog on Twitter , you probably saw me tweetin’ up a storm during the selection show about some of my impressions. In fact, I dropped so many of them, @BigSoda might have un-deviced a player’s updates. Hopefully not though.
Anyhow, some impressions:
- I am happy with UNC’s draw. Sure, Oklahoma is the 2 and Syracuse the 3, but overall I don’t think we have the hardest road to the Final Four out of all the number 1 seeds (which I felt we did have last year), so that’s a good thing. As is opening in Greensboro.
- The Boston College – USC matchup in the first round is going to be a GREAT game.
- I’m a little nervous for FSU against Wisconsin, though I think FSU is a clearly better team
- People need to be quiet about Penn State. They didn’t deserve to get in. How the Big Ten got 7 teams anyway is already beyond me.
- VERY intrigued by a possible Wake – Arizona matchup in the second round. Same for Texas – Dook.
- Clemson – Oklahoma could be another barn burner in the second round
- Everyone (even some random guy on Twitter) keeps telling me Missouri is for real. Still not sure if I buy it, and I don’t know why.
- VCU over UCLA in round one…..I MIGHT be picking that upset. Maynor is a beast, UCLA has disappointed all year
Remember, these are just quick impressions. Haven’t filled out my bracket yet, might let y’all in on some of those secrets when I do…but probably not.
One thing I can assure you of though….I’m picking the HEELS all the way, baby! No surprise there.
Your quick thoughts?
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged Arizona, Basketball, Big Tem, Boston College, clemson, College Basketball, Detroit, dook, duke, Eric Maynor, Final Four, Ford Field, FSU, Greensboro, March Madness, Missouri, NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, Oklahoma, Penn State, Selection Sunday, Syracuse, Texas, UCLA, UNC, USC, VCU, Wake Forest, Wisconsin