alltags-ratgeber.de on Bad Website Names cash loans on Where You At Wednesday: Player… bat dong san dong th… on Stevie Stone – The Count… rosenrod on Bad Website Names helpful golden retri… on Bad Website Names
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Top Posts from The Monster
- Where You At Wednesday : Cast of "8 Simple Rules"
- Where You At Wednesday : Cast of "Step By Step"
- Bad Website Names
- Where You At Wednesday : CAST OF "FAMILY MATTERS"
- Where You At Wednesday : The Cast of "The Wonder Years"
- Monday Kick(s) Off - Battle of the Janoski's
- Where You At Wednesday : Cast of FULL HOUSE
- Where You At Wednesday: 3 Ninjas
- Tiara Nicole - Real Man
- Where You At Wednesday : The Lost Cast of "Good Morning Miss Bliss"
Tag Archives: dook
The big game (at least the first one) is tonight in the Dean Dome. LET’S GO HEELS!!!!!
Plumlee’s getting clowned at the Pro-Am. Which one is most clown? I’m gonna say the clown order is oldest-youngest.
When you have players like this, how can you not be? Interacting with the student body, having fun together, and recognizing what it means to be a part of the Carolina Family, regardless if you are a player, student, or fan. This is why our players consider coming back, and players 8 miles down the road have to deal with stuff like this.
I heard Roy is meeting with the 3 NBA Prospects (Barnes, Zeller, Henson) today to discuss future. Of course, I hope they all come back so we can have a great chance of winning it next year. However, if any of them decide that leaving is best for them and their family, I will respect them for that decision and always support my fellow HEELS!!!
The TV joint, and a view from the UNC Risers. Sickness. Ownage. ACC CHAMPS.
We all know I’ve always thought Coach K was a clown. I’m a UNC fan and alum, so that goes without saying. However, Saturday Dook and UNC play with the ACC title on the line. No one thought the Heels would have a chance at the ACC outright title 2 months ago, and yet here we are. Even 2nd place is great, but we want that number one slot!
Some things I learned recently have really lit a fire under me about Coach K, and this is an inside look at those things.
1. Check out this article on ESPN. It’s the section where they are discussing and debating the season awards for each conference, in this case, the ACC. The overwhelming consensus when you click through to all the other writer’s votes is that Nolan Smith is the ACC Player of the Year. Now, I don’t like Nolan, but there isn’t any arguing with that. Smith has had a hell of a season and more than deserves that award. My gripe is that these people are picking COACH K as the Coach of the Year. Are you serious? (John McEnroe voice). YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS?
Why? Please tell me why Coach K is coach of the year. If I’m to believe the aforementioned article, it’s because : “Krzyzewski has coached two teams this season: one with Irving in the lineup and one without him. The adjustments Krzyzewski made after losing a potential No. 1 overall pick in this summer’s NBA draft — moving Smith onto the ball, usingAndre Dawkins and Seth Curry as standstill shooters and adding Tyler Thornton to the rotation to take pressure off Smith at the point — did as much to boost Duke’s ACC title chances as Smith himself.”
Oh word? So because he had his starting point guard hurt and had to deal with one injury he’s the coach of the year? Or is it because he MIGHT (emphasis on might, because we all know the Heels are capable of outright winning the ACC on Saturday) finish in first place, LIKE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO with 2 All Americans and a team defending a national title?
That is outright ridiculous. I’ll give you 3 better candidates here:
1. Leonard Hamilton, FSU. Dude has got a team with only one player averaging in double figures in 3rd place in the conference. They’ve won 10 ACC games this year for like the 3rd year in a row. And, oh yeah, down the stretch they’ve been without their only double figure scorer, ACC Defensive Player of the Year candidate, Chris Singleton. What about the lineup adjustments Hamilton made?
2. Brad Brownell, Clemson. This coach took over a team that has probably no one on the All ACC First, Second, or Third team in his first year and has them contending for a tournament birth. Ask Coach Bzdelik down at Wake Forest if it’s easy in the ACC as a first year coach.
3. Roy Williams, UNC. No, not because I’m a Carolina fan. But think about it. Roy Williams team has lost 1 player to the draft (Ed Davis), 2 players to graduation (Marcus Ginyard, Deon Thompson), 2 players to transfer (The Wear Twins), 1 player to suspension (Will Graves), 1 player to outright quitting (Larry Drew II), and 1 player to injury (Reggie Bullock) from a team that finished 9th in the ACC last year. That’s 8 players in less than a year off a team that finished 9th in the ACC, and he has them in AT WORST 2nd place in the ACC this year. So if ESPN wants to talk about all that coaching Coach K did to change up the lineup with 1 injury to Irving (and having to “coach 2 teams” this year), then let’s try and figure out how many teams Roy has had to coach.
This stuff makes my blood boil.
The second large reason I’m clowning and hating hard on Coach K today is last night. Last night was SENIOR NIGHT at Cameron Indoor Stadium (or is it Hansbrough Indoor Stadium, I forget?). It’s always been my understanding that seniors start on Senior Night. However, Casey Peters, a walk-on, didn’t get the nod last night. Don’t worry though, he got less than 1 minute of garbage time but no shot attempt, no foul, no steal, no assist, no nothing. Hard to do that in under a minute when the game’s already over.
If Coach K is such a great leader of men, why is he sending the message to Casey Peters that on Senior Night you only get to play if we’ve already won the game? A lot of faith he has on the end of his bench.
In the biggest game of the year Saturday for both teams, on the Tar Heels Senior Night, you’ll see names you’ve never heard of starting. They will be introduced and appreciated as members of the team, and rightly so.
Thanks for listening to me vent, but both of those things just really irked me.
Chris Collins (current Dook assistant coach) flopping as a player.
Nice, EA Sports cares about accuracy.